Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You Are Beloved

"That Your beloved may be delivered.  Save with Your right hand, and hear me."  Psalm 108:6

In the above prayer the psalmist David refers to himself as the Lord's beloved.  David seemed to grasp a truth that many of us have a hard time laying hold of.  This man who had a heart after God, knew his relationship with his Lord was a tender loving relationship, he understood he was greatly loved and cherished.  It is easy for me to see God as liking me, or caring for me, or even me and God being "BFF", but being the Lord's beloved is a bit beyond me.  This truth of being the Lord's beloved may be hard to grasp, but it is a foundational truth that we all need to grow in.  Is the wonder of His great love for you fixed in your heart?  Do you know that God is crazy in love with you?  There is no greater proof for His love, in that He gave His life for you.  Take some time to ponder the fact that you truly are the Lord's beloved.  As you grow in the marvelous understanding of His great love for you, I promise you will have an increase of peace and joy and strength.  Oh how very much He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment