Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time Flies

"For the form of this world is passing away" 1 Corinthians 7:3

Today is the first day of the sixth month of the new year.  I know we are six months in, so technically I shouldn't be saying new year, but it still feels like the beginning of the new year!  Wasn't the Rose Parade just last week?  Didn't I just get over Christmas?  What happened to Valentines, and Easter?  2011 has raced full throttle into June, and I'm sure the next six months will pass just as quickly as the previous six months.  I know that in what seems like a wink, I will be saying, wow, it's Christmas season already.  This first day of the sixth month serves as a healthy reminder to me that time truly does pass very quickly, and we are called to redeem the time, and make the best of each day in the Lord.
I recently ran into a young man who was a student of mine when I taught high school.  We had a wonderful time catching up on each others lives.  In the midst of our conversation he asked me how old I was when I taught his class.  I let him know, and his jaw dropped.  He was shocked because he is now two years older then I was, when I was his teacher.  We both laughed and spoke of how quickly life flies by.  What most blessed me about my conversation with my ex-student, is that he is making the most out of his rapidly moving life.  He loves Jesus, has a solid growing walk, is a great husband and dad, and is committed to serving the Lord.  He was very excited as he considered the future, because he had entrusted each day to the Lord's glory.  As time goes roaring by, it is important for us to realize that one day, our time here in earth will run out.  How will that precious time have been spent?  What a good reminder on this first day of the sixth month.  By the way, I ran into my ex-student this past New Years Eve, wasn't that just last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment