Thursday, January 8, 2015

Awake and Aware


"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, 
seeking whom he may devour" (I Peter 5:8).

I wasn't yet 16 yrs. old when I took my behind-the-wheel driver's training. I remember very little of what my instructor said, except that he continually repeated "be awake, be aware".  We were told the reason for the repeated warnings was because not all drivers on the road were awake nor aware.  Over my many years of driving, I've been kept from a number of accidents because I've heeded my driving instructors warning.

Peter is giving us a very similar warning concerning spiritual warfare. The apostle knew of spiritual warfare and his exhortation is for us to be sober and vigilant. To heed this wisdom will save much heartache. As you walk with Jesus in the midst of this wild world, be awake, be aware!

No comments:

Post a Comment