Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Prayer For The Day

Luke 11:13 "....how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!"

So I'm studying at my desk this morning listening to the online station that I listen to everyday....it says: Christian, instrumental, non-vocal, conservative, sacred, and traditional, 48kbps, (yes, I am one boring dude).  A hymn came on that made me stop and pray.  It was of course, Christian, instrumental, and non-vocal, but I knew most of the words.  I could not help but whisper this prayer along with the music, "Spirit of the living God fall afresh on me".  Is that not the great need of this day and every single day?  I can walk in the dryness and drought of this dusty flesh of mine, or I can live a fresh, lush, new life in the Holy Spirit.  The choice is ours today, to walk in the Spirit or in the flesh, to walk in the fictitious life of this world, or the real life of His Spirit.  The marvelous thing is, all we have to do is ask.  Oh, how the Father must love it when we ask for a fresh movement of His Spirit in our lives.  How blessed the day will be, if we stop and pray, "Spirit of the living God fall afresh on me".

No comments:

Post a Comment