Monday, October 11, 2010

Trust Him....it is good!

Philippians 1:6 "being confident in this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

Can I make a suggestion to you?  Get out your bible and look up the above verse and underline with a very bright color the word "good".  It will serve as an important reminder of something we can all easily forget.  In the midst of trials, or rough days, or a difficult season, it is easy to forget that God is doing a "good" work in our lives.  This is not a cross your fingers or wishful thinking verse, Paul speaks with great confidence that God is indeed doing a "good" work.  We have all had those times when we consider the happenings of life and wonder what good can ever come from these things.  In those difficult times we may not be able to answer all the questions, but we can surely place our confidence in the certain promise of God.  I used to work for a landscaper who was a true artist.  He hired me to do the demolition work.  I would rip up and uproot, and he would beautifully rebuild.  My boss was very gifted at what he did, he could look at any yard and catch a well-formed vision for what it could be.  That vision would begin taking form with my demolition.  I have to admit when I first started working for him, I would rip things up with a little fear, wondering how the mess I was making could ever turn out good.  After working with him on several jobs my doubts were done away with, as this artist would amaze me with the beauty of his finished work.  There were times during my demolition work, that I would have to assure the homeowner that we knew what we were doing.  I with confidence would say, trust us it will turn out awesome, and it always did!  And so it is with our Lord.  You may be wondering why this is being torn down, or that is being uprooted.  It may hurt some and there may be some discomfort, but trust the Lord, for He is faithful and has begun a good work in you.  He already knows the end that work, and it is beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment