Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jesus Won't Change

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8).

I was walking through a store the other day and wandered by some tables filled with Father's Day gifts that hadn't been sold.  It was fun seeing all the gifts that the retailers figured dads would like. I noticed that the gifts all had an "old school" theme and then I saw a cassette recorder just like the one I had when I was a kid.  I called Sheila over and when she saw it, she of course told me how much it was like the one she used to have.  As we looked at this new "old" cassette recorder we were both struck with the same thought:  My how things have so quickly changed!

We have all become very accustomed to things changing, in fact, we expect things to change.  New phones and computers are practically outdated the day you buy them.  What is popular in  hair styles, cars, and home furnishings all change.  Today's fashions will be made fun of in a couple of years.  My kids love snickering at pictures of me featuring wide ties or bell bottoms, or my personal favorite really small OP cord shorts!  Of course I just smile because things change, and today's skinny jeans are yesterday's OP shorts.

Though things change you can have joy and stability in resting your life upon Jesus who never changes.  The love and grace that we have in Jesus Christ will never change.  He loves you today the same as He did the day He died for you on the cross.  He loves you on your best days when you are walking strong and feeling holy.  He loves you on your worst days when you are weak and feeling sinful.  You can have a firm foundation in this ever changing world, His name is Jesus!

  

1 comment:

  1. Amen Pastor Terry. So comforting to be reminded that no matter how much the earth moves and shakes around us, He is never shaken, and will never be moved from His high place and in His great love for us.

    ReplyDelete