Monday, June 2, 2014

No No No

"For the commandment is a lamp, and the law a light; reproofs of instruction are the way of life."
Proverbs 6:23

A dad came to me worried that he might be disciplining his two year old son too much.  What brought on the worry was what had happened a few days earlier.  The dad was sitting in his living room when his little guy came in and started walking around  pointing at things and saying
no, no, no, over and over.

 I have to admit I got a good chuckle out of the story, and after talking to dad, we came to the conclusion that he and his wife aren't going overboard.  At two their little bundle of energy is learning and exploring and pushing limits and greatly in need of "reproofs of instruction", so he is going to hear no, no, no, often.

 Proverbs 6:23 is so very true, "reproofs of instruction are the way of life".  We are in constant need of correction redirection and discipline.  As sheep we have a tendency to wander and get into things that can be harmful.  How blessed we are that our loving Shepherd by His Spirit and through His word patiently protects us by saying no, no, no.

We shouldn't be discouraged by God's correction for it always leads to life. As I've said before,  I look back on my life I realize God has said no to me far more often than he has said yes, and I am so glad that He did. How wonderful it is that God loves us so much that He tells us no!
  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment