Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Listening


Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
"This is the way, walk in it,"
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.
Isaiah 30:21

I have a fairly calm disposition. I must say that my chill personality can quickly disappear in a crowded parking lot, or if I'm lost.  My personal record for being lost was when Sheila and I took an unplanned two-hour tour of Boston...just trying to find our hotel. Our fun tour resulted from trusting a possessed GPS in our rental car...not because of me!

Jesus calls us His sheep.  As His sheep we are in constant need of the Shepherd's guidance.  We can get lost so easily, and it's not because our Shepherd isn't leading; most often it's because we aren't alert & paying attention. Our ears may be dull, or we may be disinterested. It might  be a touch of willfulness, but it's never that our Shepherd doesn't care.

Are you seeking His guidance? His promise is sure. He will speak to you from His Word...are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment