Monday, September 29, 2014

Saved To The Uttermost


"Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost
those who come to God through Him, since He
always lives to make intercession for them" (Heb. 7:25).

I was raised in a church where I never had assurance of my salvation. My security was based on Jesus dying for me, plus my church attendance, plus my good works.  Because I believed my salvation for a large part depended on me, I didn't know eternal security. What wonderful freedom when I at last learned and believed that in Christ I am saved to the  uttermost.

Uttermost means completely, entirely, wholly, and includes the element of time meaning always and forever.  Thank you, Lord Jesus that by your love and grace we are saved to the uttermost; what strong assurance!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment