Monday, June 22, 2015

Guide With The Eye


 
Psalm 32:8 "I will guide you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye."

I was on a police chaplain ride-along when we got a call for a possible break-in at a home.  When we arrived at the home, we went around to the backyard and found a door ajar.  We had been joined by another officer and when they saw the open door, both men pulled their weapons.  My adrenaline started pumping immediately and I focused on the two officers communicating without speaking a word.  There were nods, and hand signals, and I think I even saw a sort of wink.

The story doesn't have an adventurous conclusion, the men entered the house and discovered there had been no break-in, it was just a door that was left open.  I was fascinated by the way the two policemen were able to work together so well and communicate in a tense situation without words.  Clearly they knew and trusted each other, and had worked together often.

An important part of my walk with the Lord is my communication with Him.  I love it that He tells me that He would guide me with His eye.  I'd prefer He guide me with His eye, because the alternative in Psalm 32 is being dragged about like a horse or donkey!  To have the Lord guide with His eye requires that I know Him, that I trust Him, and its important that I'm looking at Him!  I'm longing for the day when the Lord doesn't have a difficult time getting through to me, He won't have to shout or flick my ear, all it will take is a nod or a wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment