Monday, December 3, 2012

Make Haste

Luke 2:16 "And they made haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger."

So it's December 3rd and we are now fully immersed in the Christmas season.  I'm watching my calendar fill up quickly and already I'm feeling like the season will fly by before I can sit down and enjoy it.  It's the season to hurry and make haste, but too often the haste is for the wrong reason.  I think my tendency is to do Christmas stuff but miss Christmas.

On the very first Christmas the shepherds hurried and made haste like we do now, but they made haste for the right reason.  They had been told of the birth of our glorious Savior and dropped everything and made haste to Bethlehem where the sought after and found Jesus.  You will never miss the true joy of Christmas if you follow the example of the shepherds, and make haste to seek after the Lord.

It is still early enough in the season to set the right priorities.  Make sure to set aside enough time to rejoice in, and glorify our wonderful King.

No comments:

Post a Comment