Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Saving Christmas


Don't tell anybody this but I'm sort of a sucker for those made for television Christmas movies.  I know the storyline is corny, the script is weak, and the acting is less than stellar, but there is something that draws me to watch them.  I'm sure its that weird instinct in all of us where you can't help but look at a car accident sort of thing.  There is a common theme that runs through these movies its the idea of saving Christmas or recapturing something that is missing from Christmas.  Of course the hero of the story saves Christmas or gets everyone to rediscover the missing joy of the season.  There are many a hero starting with Rudolph with his nose so bright all the way to Slater from Saved by the Bell (but I forget how he saved Christmas).  I suppose this common theme of saving Christmas is because most people have a longing for Christmas to be more than what it has become, I have no doubt that the Holy Spirit has a hand in planting that craving, for that craving is for a true Savior.  If indeed hearts are ripe and looking, then let us have ready lips to speak forth the name of the only true hero of Christmas our precious Jesus born that blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment