Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Drive Circumspectly


The first big storm of the season has hit and it looks like there are more to come.  We need the rain and I love the rain but I hate what it does to Southern California drivers.  I have a weakness in my impatience with poor drivers and the rain seems to draw more of them onto the highways.  The two worst are those who drive as if the streets are dry and slip and slide around as if the road is their own, and those who drive like an Amish behind the wheel for the first time figuring going 15 is plenty fastBad weather has been predicted so please pay attention and be on guard as you are driving out there, seriously I will be praying for your safety.  Which reminds me, Paul tells us in Ephesians 5:15 "See then that you walk circumspectly....because the days are evil."  To walk circumspectly would mean to walk cautiously or exactly, in other words with eyes wide open and on guard.  Several years back I was with the family in snowy Mammoth, we were in a shopping center and I had to go back to the car or something and decided to jog, I hit a patch of ice and went flying.  Whenever my kids have a downer day they just call to mind the picture of dear old dad hands in his pockets legs high in the air and landing on his wallet, no matter how tough a day it is I know they smile!  Needless to say I was not walking circumspectly.  Why should we be careful, and cautious, and exact, because the days are evil and rainy.  I'll be praying for your driving and especially for your walks, bad weather has been predicted for the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment