Saturday, January 2, 2010

Count Those Days

I always get a little sad when I take down Christmas decorations.  I'm not one who puts things off, so if the decorations make it to New Years day that's pretty long for me.  I'm not a Grinch or anything but when Christmas is over its over, and when Christmas is over the decorations should come down.  Is there anything as sorry as a house still decked out for Christmas around Valentines day?  I've gone through a fair number of holiday seasons, and one consistent thought I have while "un-decorating", is how quickly I'll be putting this stuff back up again.  Isn't it amazing how rapidly time takes us from year to year, and from Holiday to Holiday?  The other day as I was putting away decorations and pondering the speed of our years, I was reminded of the words of Moses in Psalm 90.  He said, "So teach us to number or days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom".  Moses lived to be 120 years old, and in this psalm he speaks of how quickly life goes by, wow!  We should learn that our days are few, and each is a gift from the Lord.  Time seems to have accelerated, so let's make the most of each day.  What a powerful 2010 we can all have, if we count every day as dear, and use every day to love and serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment