Monday, February 1, 2010

I Need To Workout

The hardest part of me doing my physical exercise, whether it's going for a run or hitting the gym, is getting out the front door.  I love working out, in fact I can't think of a time, after the gym or a run, that I was disappointed that I went.  Once I take that first step and get going, I'm glad, and seem to always be energized and healthy afterwards.  Knowing these things, why in the world do I find it so hard to take that first step out the front door?  I have in fact become quite good at making excuses, and would share some with you,  but I don't want you to use them yourself.  This in the forefront of my thoughts today, because the cold and rainy weather has made my excuse making far to easy, and my workouts have slacked off a bit.  Now, I'm not sharing this because I think you care about my exercise habits.  I'm sharing this because I see clear application in our spiritual lives.  As with physical workouts, so it is with our spiritual workouts, it seems the hardest thing is getting started, taking that first step.  We know once we get started and open the Word or begin to pray, we''ll be blessed.  How is it that excuses can be made for not doing something so needful and healthy?  I guess there is no easy or soft way of looking at this, the bottom line is, we need to be disciplined and just do what we need to do.  Turn off the big screen, set aside the I pod, the I phone, the I pad, and the I anything else, and open our Bible.  We all know there is no good excuse, so take the first step, begin your spiritual workout and I know you will be blessed.

1 comment:

  1. How glad I am to have found this blog--a little piece of CCLW in AZ! And how true it is--reading the Bible is such a discipline, but so soon it becomes a way of life and then after awhile the thing you look forward to every day! -Pauline Abello

    ReplyDelete